Sunday, November 9, 2014

Starbucks At Your Doorstep

How nice would it be to not have to wait in those long Starbucks lines in the morning? Well this may become possible soon. Starbucks is working towards having delivery in select markets in the second half of next year. I for one would be an advocate for Starbucks delivery and I believe that plenty of costumers would support this program as well.
However some good questions have arisen about why this may not work. Tony Orlando wonders how they will be able to make a profit off of delivering? This makes me wonder if they will have to charge a delivery fee or if they will have to make their products more expensive? Which leads to wether or not costumers will still want to have drinks delivered? In my opinion this is something that could make or break the delivery process. Even though I would love to have my coffee at my doorstep I wouldn't want to pay a $10 delivery fee for a $3 drink.
Starbuck's Coffee
Starbuck's Frappuccino
Another question that has arisen is wether or not they will be able to keep the coffee hot and the frappuccinos cold? I have some ideas on how they could solve this. Perhaps they could have a cooler in the car to put the frappuccinos in on the way to the delivery. I don't think hot drinks are as big of a problem as cold drinks because those will melt. For hot drinks I think that anything that keeps the heat in will keep the drinks hot. Even those spill stoppers that they started using can keep some of the heat in.
Others make points about how this can really work. David Beirnbaum makes a good point about how for most people Starbucks is an addiction and people will love that they can have their addiction at their doorstep. My own mother is proof of that. When I told her about the possibility that Starbucks could deliver to our house she could not have been happier. Even with some of these problems I believe Starbucks will make delivery possible, because it is a step forward that could really benefit the company.

No comments:

Post a Comment